Knitting pattern for a Christmas hat for kids and adults with "nisser"
Having grown up listening to stories about the scandinavian folklore creature the "nisse" (or tomte), especially around Christmas time, knitwear designer Signe Strømgaard felt inspired to design this sweet hat for kids - and adults.The nisser are small, bearded fellows that live on the farms and in the woods. They help take care of and protect the animals, but they are also famously temperamental and potentially mean little pranksters. To maintain a good relationship with the nisse, you need to set out porridge for him on Christmas night - and don't forget the dollop of butter on top of there will be trouble in the new year. The nisser are knit without their white beards, which are embroidered on afterward. The pattern contains instructions for the original long beard, as well as several shorter alternative beard styles. This leaves you the option of either giving all of the little guys the same type of beard or varying them - perhaps there are younger and older nisser dancing around together...
- Small kid (medium kid) big kid (adult)
- Head circumference: 40-45 (45-50) 50-55 (55-60) cm / 15¾-17¾ (17¾-19¾) 19¾-21¾ (21¾-23¾) inches
- 28 sts and 36 rows in stockinette stitch on a 3 mm circular needle = 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches
How to download pattern
During the order proces, you will be asked to register an account. Once your order is completed and has been processed by us, your pattern will be available to download as a pdf via your profile - with the option to download it in both English and Danish. The pattern is permanently stored on your Rauna.dk profile page and is available for you to download any time you need.
- This knitting pattern is for personal non-commercial use only.
- The pattern may not be duplicated or distributed in any way without the permission of the designer.